Road & Bridge
Purpose & Mission
The function of the Jackson County Road and Bridge Department is to repair and maintain the existing county roads and rights-of-ways promptly, efficiently, and economically.
Within this mission, the department is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Grading of County Owned Dirt Roads
- Maintenance and Repair of County Owned Wooden and Concrete Bridges
- Maintenance and Repair of Asphalt Roadways
- Right of way mowing and brush cutting
- Shoulder construction and repair
- Tree trimming and removal within the County Right of Way
- Assist other county departments as needed
Responding to Emergencies
Department personnel also respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week for removal of roadway debris, clearing storm related debris from roadways, and repair of roadways due to an immediate safety issue.
2819 Panhandle Road
Marianna, Florida 32446