What is Recycling and why should I do it?
Recycling means separating, collecting, processing, marketing, and ultimately using a material that would have otherwise been thrown away. For example: this morning’s newspaper can be recycled for another morning’s news of other paper products.
Benefits of recycling include:
- Reducing our dependence on landfills and incinerators.
- Protecting our health and environment.
- Conserving our natural resources.
Public Drop-off Locations
Jackson County Recycling Center: 3530 Wiley Drive, Marianna, Florida 32446
Graceville Town Hall: 5348 Cliff Street, Marianna, Florida 32440
What we accept:
- Newspapers, inserts, junk mail, magazines.
- Catalogs, envelopes, paperback books, phone books.
- Cardboard, empty pizza boxes, boxboard boxes (cereal, cake, detergent, cracker, etc.)
- Office and school papers (any color)
- Paper egg cartons, paper bags (grocery type)
- Aluminum cans
- All plastic containers with labels 1-7
What we do not accept:
- No household garbage.
- No food waste or food tainted items (paper plates, paper towels, or paper napkins).
- No polystyrene cups or plates.
- No hazardous chemical containers
- No compact discs or DVDs.
- No ice cream cartons.
- No furniture of any kind.
- No plastic bags.
- No motor oil bottles.
- No plastic toys or sporting goods.
- No electronics or batteries.
- No foam egg cartons.
- No light bulbs.
Jackson County Recycling Center
3530 Wiley Drive
Marianna, Florida 32446
Telephone: (850) 718-0437