The Human Resources Department is a cohesive, collaborative team of professionals dedicated to creating partnerships by supporting all programs and departments. We strive to support, guide, and maintain requirements to create a healthy and positive work environment in order to assist staff in accomplishing individual program goals as well as overall organizational goals.
Because we care about our employees, we stand for integrity, efficiency, problem solving, equity, and character in all of our relationships and interactions. We do this to promote growth, accountability, and empowerment in our representation of the Jackson County Board of County Commissioners.
What are the requirements to become a Correctional officer?
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Not have been convicted or a felony or a misdemeanor involving perjury or misstatement.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have been fingerprinted by the employing agency with princts processed by the FDLE and FBI.
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Have a good moral character.
- Completed an Affidavit of Applicant from CJSTC-68.
- Successfully passed a background investigation, to include drug testing.
- Successfully completed the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline, or equivalent.
- Achieve a passing score of the State Officer Certification.
- Complied with mandatory retraining for continuing training or education requirements.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license prior to employment.
Where can I find job vacancy postings?
- On our “Employment Opportunities” page..
- At the Jackson County Administration Building located at 2864 Madison Street in Marianna, Florida 32448.
- Local newspapers.
- City and Library bulletin boards.
- Florida job service.
How long does the Jackson County Human Resources Department hold applications active?
Correctional Officer applications will remain active for one year from interview date. All other applicants must submit a new county employment application for each position advertised. Applications will not remain active once the job vacancy is filled.
Policies & Forms
- Jackson County Personnel Policy
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Tobacco-Free Workplace Policy
- Employee of the Month (EOM) Policy 2020
- EOM Nomination Form
2864 Madison Street
Marianna, Florida 32448
Telephone: (850) 482-9633
Fax: (850) 482-9643